For now, this will be a "big tent" site. I will repost emails (with the author's permission) and will gladly include stories about other mast crops...like hazelnuts.
Guidelines:-Guidelines are mere suggestions. Just do the best you can.
-Who? What? How? Where? When? Why? Answer those questions and you will have a great article.
-Pictures make the story. Good pictures include a standard size reference in them. US coinage, dollar bills, ball point pens are all decent size references.
-Including a small piece of white paper (like a three-by-five index card) allows the editor (me) to color correct the photo. Ideally, the piece of paper will be in a corner that I can crop out of the photo.
Sources:I need your help identifying sources. I will get the ball rolling but am sure that I will miss many excellent sources. Don't get mad. Send me an email email@example.com
- Problems you solved
- Pest control
- Post harvest treatment
- Markets/what do you use them for
- How long before your trees started bearing
- Tools, for planting, for pruning, for harvest
- Where are you growing your trees
- Specific trees/strains for "tough" growing conditions
- What would you tell your son/daughter if they were starting out